DNS Setup

Gaurav misha at vsnl.com
Mon Aug 30 09:07:14 UTC 1999

Hi,
I am trying to put a offline server, with linux red hat 6, and (currently) a single telephone/modem connection. Now i want that people can log in to my server, and establish a ppp connection.
for this first i configured mt inittab so that it started mgetty and now when i dial in i get the shell prompt. also the ppp command produces those junk characters, but when(win machine) i click continue, on the post dial up screen, the connection hangs up. i am not able to set-up the dns configuration properly.since there is no internet connection, we are free to choose the ip's etc..
I would appreciate a lot, if someone please help me,i have read all the howto's but unable to solve my problem,
Thanks a lot in advance..
Gaurav

--
LinuxNews Beta -- http://linuxnews.cheek.com/