How to set up DNS to only add aliases?

Itai Tavor itavor at vic.bigpond.net.au.REMOVEME
Thu Aug 19 01:35:41 UTC 1999

I should have given more information in my original post...

What I want to do is create sub-domain names, not assign registered
domain names. So, if the ISP's DNS is the master for mycompany.com, I
want to create aliases of the form sub1.mycompany.com,
sub2.mycompany.com, etc. But to do that, it seems to me that I need to
set up my own DNS as master for the mycompany.com domain, which would
clash with the ISP.