Disable Bind's response to version queries and zone xfer requests

Ronald Procopio RonaldMarkProcopio at netscape.net
Tue Aug 17 01:41:42 UTC 1999

Under Bind 4 there is an option called SECURE_ZONE (yes I know there is
an underline - I belive that's right) that you can use in the BIND zone
file to limit transfer and queries of that specific zone.

I don't remember the network syntax whther it listed subnets or used the
/ notations but it was  like this:

SECURE_ZONE	IN	TXT	"subnet"