BIND 8 slave & BIND 4.x primary

SOLARlS at aol.com SOLARlS at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 20:36:45 UTC 1999

My primary name server is BIND 4.x (default in solaris 2.6 sparc).  My
secondary name server is BIND 8.x (default in solaris 7 X86).

I am having a couple problems.  I just got the secondary name server up with
solaris 7 and functioning as a BIND 8 secondary but 2 problems occured.

1.  When I looked at the /var/named file I saw the following.  Why would it
add part
of the named.conf file to the /var/named directory?  The second problem is
listed below.

cardfan.com.db;
        masters { 209.185.204.85; };
};

zone
dnp.db
duncan-kazragis.com.db
dylanpierce.com.db

2. When I restarted my DNS on both the secondary and the primary it only
updated about half of my .db files and then just stopped.  Why would it not
update and create all my .db files.

Greg