$TTL statement

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Aug 5 20:29:00 UTC 1999

In article <F931488C3634D11180D700A02461E24501E4EE25 at chitmd03.nt.il.nbgfn.com>,
Martin, Kevin <kevinm at crt.com> wrote:
>For Bind 8, does the $TTL statement HAVE to go before the SOA record or can
>I put it in a spcl.<domain> file?

You can put it anywhere you want, but it only applies to records that come
after it.  If you put it in spcl.<domain>, then you should put the

$INCLUDE spcl.<domain>

line before any records that don't have explicit TTLs.  If the SOA record
doesn't have an explicit TTL, you should put it before the SOA.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com